9/26/2009

August 30 - Departure

In this summer vacation, I had stayed in Hawaii for 3 weeks. I was looking forward to the overseas training to Minnesota very much, but it broke up. Then, I decided to go to Hawaii as a home-stay, studying, and vacation. I love Hawaii, so I wanted to stay there long. I was so happy!

First of all, I flew to Inchon International Airport in Korea from Fukuoka. This airport is large and clean. I like airport and airplane so I was very excited. Next, I flew for more than 8 hours and arrived at Honolulu International Airport. I got excited more! I was waiting for transportation service of the language school after I got through immigration examination. However, it didn't come though 30 minutes passed. Then, a woman by my side has talked to me. “Are you waiting a pickup?” She was a host mother that was waiting arrival of a home-stay student who is similar to me. When the woman noticed that my pickup doesn’t come, she contacted to my host family. I said to her "Thank you so much." About 30 minutes later, my host family came to pick me up.

My host mother is a grandma age 86, and she is a Japanese-American. She said to me "Call me Grandma." She lives with her daughter Lynette. A person who came to pick me up to the Airport was Grandma’s grand-daughter, Paula. After I putted my baggage in the room, Paula and her husband and her son guided me around Waikiki. I was sleepy a little because of jet lag. I came back to home, had a dinner with Grandma, and went to bed early. It's a start of my precious 3 weeks in Hawaii.

288 words (total 2216 words)

0 件のコメント: